Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FLORENCE BALLARD - THE SUPREME + BONUS


Yet another Supreme gone solo. This time it is founding member (and original lead) Florence Ballard! Believe me, even though you may not hear her a lot on The Supremes recordings, this girl CAN sing!

I won't repeat her story here, instead I recommend you to go to youtube, and there you will find a special on her life.

This post consists of the album finally released in 2001, with her ABC recordings and a few Supremes songs with Flo on lead. I added seven (!) bonus tracks:
1. After All - an early recording with Barbara Martin on it. Each girl sings one verse, Flo does the first.
2. Buttered Popcorn - A longer version than the one found here. I got it of The Complete Motown Singles.
3. I Saw Him Standing There
4. Oh Holy Night
5. Silent Night
6. Save Me A Star
7. People - a live rendition of the Barbra Streisand standard that used to be Flo's moment in the spotlight in the Supremes live shows.

This is an absolutely MUST HAVE!

1 comment: