Wednesday, October 7, 2009

JEAN TERRELL - I HAD TO FALL IN LOVE (1978)


Jean Terrell may not be a household name for most, but she once fronted THE girl group. When Diana Ross left The Supremes to pursue a solo carrier, Jean filled her place in the group. Despite releasing a few charting singles in the beginning, the hits soon dried up and Jean and fellow Supreme Lynda Laurence left the label in 1973. She then got a record deal with A&M Records and in 1978 she released I Had To Fall In Love. To my knowledge it didn't chart, but it does contain decent uptempo soul music, bordering on disco. Jean has a very good and distinct voice, and if you liked the post-Ross Supremes you're gonna like this. The second track on the album, No One Like My Baby, is the best track on here and it could have been a hit single had it been released.

(update: apparently fellow Supreme Lynda Laurence is on back-up)

Jean Terrell - I Had To Fall In Love

1 comment: